About Me

My photo
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA, India
I think now is the time for me to tell people what I think.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

" U. R. Ananthamurthy`s statement amounts to treason "

Mr. U. R. Anathamurthy, kannada writer has made certain remarks in his article ' our role in today`s politics ' ( perhaps with special reference to BJP `s rise in Karnataka`s politics ) . He accuses BJP and Sangha Parivar of 'attacking Christians and muslims ' and stresses a need to unite to defeat BJP as an immediate necessity. I have posted a response to it in kannada in ' rujuvaatu ' and also in my blog here. Here is its English version :

Mr. Ananthamurthy! the following statements by you bear witness to the doubt if it would it be possible for you to make an objective analysis of today`s politics when you have clearly expressed your that BJP is an ' unethical ' entity: You stated:

"Like in Orissa, here too BJP and its Pariwar attacked Christians ", "they (Christians ) kept quiet when muslims were attacked, now they have been attacked ". " leaders of Sangh Pariwar attended the NDTV debate with their pariwar in which I participated and foul mouthed their opponents at will ", " what we ought to do now? the era of non-Congress politics advocated by Lohia is over now, and we all should unite to defeat BJP in elections ".

Let me remind you what you said in a speech addressing a muslim gathering,you said : " we should understand the pain in the mind of the person who takes an AK47 in his hands and goes on shooting people in the streets of mumbai ". You have not yet disowned this statement attributed to you.

My question to you therefore, Mr. Murthy is, if you have said this, why can`t you apply the same yardstick and say that " we should understand the pain in the heart of the people who go on attacking- or killing muslims and Christians ", ( whatever the truth behind such allegations ).
My another poser to you is, " would you have said the same had your wife or children been the victims of Kasab?".

My question to the people is, " shouldn`t this Ananthamurthy be tried for treason, or if not, at least be deported to Pakistan? ".

No comments:

Post a Comment